PAU (Performance Aircraft Unlimited) has been around for many years, founded by Herve Lejeune. PAU quickly developed into one of the few real market leaders in wooden high end aerobatic airplanes. The PAU brand has received world wide acclaim when flown by Spencer Nordquist, Gabriel Altuz and Bryant Mack in prestigious events such as the Tucson Shootout and the XFC. PAU airframes, in the hands of these talented world class pilots, quickly rose to the top of the winner's circle.
Why does CARF-Models get into wooden airframes, you ask? The answer is simple: Because the PAU planes are highly sought after competition planes demanded by the best of the best freestyle pilots. who work with nothing less than the Best. CARF-Models currently have the distribution channels required to deliver to this worldwide audince.
Competition minded pilots work with nothing less than the best to showcase their talents. PAU planes are not just another brand of aerobatic airplane; they are viewed as the best in class by many. World class pilots demand PAU. Some find CARF-Models' all composite airframes simply too valuable to go to the limits in a freestyle practice session, or even in a competition round. These wooden counterparts fill that void.
Spencer Nordquist, Bryant Mack, Gabriel Altuz... recognized World Class names have chosen thePAU brand for freesyle competitions, their success speaks for itself. Many of them have chosen to fly the all composite CARF-Models for their precision aerobatics - now they will feel right at home with their choice of freestyle airplane as well!
We intend to make the PAU planes available to the broad CARF-Models customer base in the USA and beyond - where these fanatastic airplanes simply haven't been available until now.
1) No, we do not make these planes from the artificial FAKE carbon sheet material which has become popular in some other brand's planes. We use proper ply and balsa wood, which has a homogenous structure and a certain level of elasticity without breaking into brittle pieces when overstressed. We use REAL carbon fiber in the areas where it is needed, either for strength, or simply for the looks. Good quality balsa wood has become very difficult to source and thus has also become extremely expensive. We do not distract from this fact by using cheaper alternatives. We use what's right!
2) A PAU plane comes with proper, high quality hardware. This includes CNC milled fiberglass control horns which are capable of transporting the toque of the modern ultra strong servos into the cotrol surfaces.
3) The control surfaces of a PAU airplane are hinged with high quality hinge pins, not flat hinges. All hinge spots are pre-drilled and you can make sure by yourself that every single hinge is glued in properly, when you do it yourself. The same goes for the control horns.
4) A PAU aerobatic plane includes a carbon fibre main gear, main wheels, carbon tailgear with wheel, all linkages, control horns, bolts and screws, but no fuel and smoke tank.
5) The PAU planes are set up for 2 direct drive rudder servos in the tail
6) Every PAU plane is covered with high quality original ORACOVER from Germany!
For Europe and all the other countries except USA: PAU is coming to you. CARF-Models have finally the first production order in transit to our warehouses in Germany and USA. The first production order consists of various schemes of the well liked 2.6m class airplanes 'Extra 330LX 2.6m' and 'Edge 540 S 2.7m'.
For the USA: Our WAREHOUSE CLEARANCE SALE is almost over. Only a few types of planes are left, and everything must go. Whatever we sell now, won't have to be moved across country into our CARF-Models warehouse. However, the new 2.6m airplanes are scheduled to arrive during October in our CARF US-Warehouse and they can be pre-ordered now.